MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Return to Top
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2013-09-27, 10:04 PM)Matt. Wrote: [ -> ]OK this is really weird. All it is is a link to an anchor, and the 'return to content' link works OK.

Can you go to ACP Templates & Style > Create New Theme > give it a name, this should create the default theme again, change your settings to use this theme, does it work then in the same browser?

have you tested the site ??
if you have and have a problem (not working) the only difference (perhaps) is I am using the linux/unix platform so is there a problem with the windows version of chrome ?
It could be a browser issue because it works on Firefox and IE. Chrome is the only one(As we discussed and discovered) causing an issue with the "Return to Top" feature in the footer but another weird thing is that on Chrome the "Return to Top" works on localhost (MyBB 1.6.10) and MyBB Community forums.
that means its my forums problem :/

any solution?
in the header template find <a name="top" id="top"></a> at the top, put comment tags for it, save the template and then check
<!-- <a name="top" id="top"></a> -->
Aww Thanks mate it works now! Big Grin
What, commenting it? It wouldn't be able to find the anchor if it was commented, but it's working now it's on the default theme...
^ top link directing to #top works without the anchor as browser already has that information!
<html>
<head>
</head>
<body>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
// many paragraph tags here
<a href="#top">top</a>
</body>
</html>
may be there was a conflict to id="top" on the referred forum (I could not trace it from the source)
Pages: 1 2 3