MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: disable archive mode?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guys archive mode is acting like duplicate content and I want to get rid of it please help!
you can use robots.txt to disallow search engine crawling to archive folder
.M. my man do you think is best to use robots.txt or delete directory?
^ I prefer using robots.txt. if you want you can delete the archive directory - no harm will be done.
Thanks very much .M. I am very glad to have around. I will use robots.txt I am not feeling comfortable deleting stuff Wink
I rather have added this as 1st line in the mod_rewrite section of my .htaccess:

Quote:RedirectMatch 301 ^/archive/index\.php/?(.*) /$1

Adding in robots.txt will make Google dilute the page rank and also the incoming backlink juice of the pages --- which we should do in the very beginning of new site.

This redirect will keep the page rank and backlink juice. To start using again the lite archive version we can simply comment this like with '#' symbol and Google will be able to index the lite pages again.

The main problem with the lite version is that it does not add rel=canonical to the original page so Google thinks those as duplicate pages.
It's another way to do it but since "Lite (Archive) Mode" has more negative than positive effect on my at least forum I prefer just get rid of it once and for all!
Happy New Year everyone!
Marcus have you ever thought using lite version for mobile devices?Lightbulb
I have tested my forum on my tablet and phone looks great thanks very much for the advice