MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changing error language in registration confirmation.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, all.

I have spent several months customizing a new set of forums. Today, I noticed that the registration confirmation page uses error language in the meta title and the page header text, as if it were an error message. The registration process works fine, but I am concerned that the error language will confuse new users. I have no idea if the language is normal for MyBB, and I hope someone can clarify that for me. I have attached a screenshot to this post for reference.

The text of the message's body comes from redirect_registered_activation. I searched for this in member.php and found the following code, which appeared to be in a section for activation options.

my_mail($user_info['email'], $emailsubject, $emailmessage);

$lang->redirect_registered_activation = $lang->sprintf($lang->redirect_registered_activation, $mybb->settings['bbname'], $user_info['username']);

$plugins->run_hooks("member_do_register_end");

error($lang->redirect_registered_activation);

I imagine that the issue resides in the last line, but I do not know of an alternative tag to replace error with, i.e. msg or something similar.

What do you think? Can my issue be resolved? Thank you in advance for your guidance, and for the helpful forum!
I think this has been bought up before, the error() function is used in most cases to display an actual error message, but there's a few places it's used to show a general message, like this, but then it says it's an error when it's not. The second parameter of error() allows you to change the title that shows, you could try passing something through there, but I'm not sure if it'll change it in both places.
(2013-09-27, 12:15 PM)Matt. Wrote: [ -> ]I think this has been bought up before, the error() function is used in most cases to display an actual error message, but there's a few places it's used to show a general message, like this, but then it says it's an error when it's not. The second parameter of error() allows you to change the title that shows, you could try passing something through there, but I'm not sure if it'll change it in both places.

Thank you, Matt. Do you know of an example on how to change this?

EDIT: An example of changing the second parameter, I meant.