MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: installation?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2013-10-13, 06:59 AM)|FBI|MMFB Wrote: [ -> ]by the way sir can you tell me when 1.8 gonna release iam too excited Big Grin

MyBB Devs Wrote:It'll be released when its ready.

Which is gonna take a numerous amount of months. Not soon at all anyway.
(2013-10-13, 10:51 AM)Tankey Wrote: [ -> ]Which is gonna take a numerous amount of months. Not soon at all anyway.

They actually said that a beta is looking to be ready within a month or two. Although once they get enough feedback and bug fixes from the beta, we are only looking at probably another 2-4 months from there. It shouldn't be that long until it's stable to use.
(2013-10-14, 01:32 AM)KnownSyntax Wrote: [ -> ]They actually said that a beta is looking to be ready within a month or two. Although once they get enough feedback and bug fixes from the beta, we are only looking at probably another 2-4 months from there. It shouldn't be that long until it's stable to use.

Thanks sir
(2013-09-27, 05:52 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]It's a known bug when the theme cache isn't writable. Chmod ./cache/themes/* to 777.

Actually, just make sure that ./cache/themes/ is writable by your web server. Very rarely do you want a folder under your docroot to be world writable.
(2013-10-16, 10:35 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-27, 05:52 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]It's a known bug when the theme cache isn't writable. Chmod ./cache/themes/* to 777.

Actually, just make sure that ./cache/themes/ is writable by your web server. Very rarely do you want a folder under your docroot to be world writable.

I've had times on my dev server where Apache doesn't care and I have to chmod to world-accessible -- even when I create a specific group for it.
Pages: 1 2 3