MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [need plugin?]Show more than 1 thread 'last post' in 'Last Post' list at Main Page ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guess there is no way to do it by just changing the php code ? Confused

Quote:Main page thread columns list...
Forum / Threads/ Posts / Last Post

How, if possible, to show list of last 5, 10, or more posts ?
Ie...
Forum / Threads/ Posts / Last Posts
... similar to attachment ?
I think I understand what you mean for that I guess you will need a plugin
Hoping there may be some simple php/template setting !

(2013-09-27, 08:41 PM)JimR Wrote: [ -> ]I think I understand what you mean for that I guess you will need a plugin
(2013-09-27, 10:03 PM)akm Wrote: [ -> ].
Hoping there may be some simple php/template setting !

(2013-09-27, 08:41 PM)JimR Wrote: [ -> ]I think I understand what you mean for that I guess you will need a plugin

I too think it has something to do with PHP. I'm not quite sure what exactly you need to do. I think a plugin would be better, because you don't want to loose your edits during/after upgrades.
Thanks for the thought/s.
Not that familiar with the specific effects of upgrades, but am always concerned about doing them.
(2013-09-28, 03:48 AM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]I too think it has something to do with PHP. I'm not quite sure what exactly you need to do. I think a plugin would be better, because you don't want to loose your edits during/after upgrades.
We only store the last post information. If you want to show more than one you'll need to develop a plugin which pulls the last x posts from the database.
Thank you for the info.
I was just about to post a clarification (hopefully) of the question, and did update the attached image.
What I think am looking for (sorry about the confusion/uncertainty, on my part, not that familiar with all the nuances of Mybb, so sometimes things get clearer after seeing some post replies) is a way to show last post for each thread in the forum.
So, if there are different threads in the forum, each (or the last post from each) may be seen from the main page.
I assume then, that your answer says that it is also not possible to do that without a plug-in ?
(2013-09-28, 04:02 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]We only store the last post information. If you want to show more than one you'll need to develop a plugin which pulls the last x posts from the database.