MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Multiple Login Instances & "Options" Button
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Two issues with MyBB at the moment.

Firstly, I'd like to be able to be logged in to the admin panel on Firefox, Chrome and on my stock tablet browser all at once, but of course, the newest login invalidates all others and causes them to get errors and log out, clearly a security feature that if I left logged in on a shared computer I'd only have to log in to another to have the old login invalidated. A good feature, but since I take other steps to protect myself like permanent private browsing, it's not for me.

How may I remove the restriction and be able to remain logged in across multiple browsers/devices without invalidating previous logins?

Issue two is the options button. This only happens in Firefox, and doesn't happen in Chrome nor the stock browser on my tablet. Essentially, in the admin panel, when there is an options button, it doesn't function. An example is admin/index.php?module=style, the themes page. There are options buttons to set as default, delete, and other functions. The options button is there and is visible but nothing occurs when it is clicked. Again, this is only in Firefox, which I find odd. This was on the default theme. I've also put in xProject's theme and have tried that, and the options button still doesn't work.

Is anyone aware of a setting that may stop this issue from occuring? I presume it's a Firefox setting, but I don't know what to turn off.

Thanks!
regarding options button - java script appears to be disabled on your firefox browser (may be using noscript add-on ?)
(2013-09-28, 08:56 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]regarding options button - java script appears to be disabled on your firefox browser (may be using noscript add-on ?)

Could adblock plus be doing something? Or rather in this case, not.

EDIT: I've attempted to disable adblock plus, and even though it's re-enabled, the options menu now works fine. Maybe Adblock prompted some Javascript setting or something? I'm not sure.

Now just to allow multiple login instances (:
Thank you .m.! Big Grin
you can try like this
open admin/index.php file in a code editor (eg. notepad++)
find code like below around line 150 and comment it out
$db->delete_query("adminsessions", "uid='{$mybb->user['uid']}'");
save the file then try log into admin panel with different browsers .. etc
Thank you very, very much. That worked a treat! I mucked up by using <!--- and getting a blank page. The error log told me the < was invalid so I tried the ol' hash and it worked. I've logged in to Firefox, then Chrome, clicked a link in Firefox and didn't get an invalidated session message.

Thanks once again. Big Grin