MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My Sql Questions and problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i have installed mySql 5.6 and it dose not start. next one i can get it started how can i change my data directory to my external hard drive because i don't have enough space on my internal hard drive.
Moved to Web Development and Administration as this isn't related to MyBB.
(2013-09-29, 01:10 AM)PC-2011 Wrote: [ -> ]So i have installed mySql 5.6 and it dose not start. next one i can get it started how can i change my data directory to my external hard drive because i don't have enough space on my internal hard drive.

Are you using Linux for this? One option is to symlink /var/lib/mysql to your external drive, wherever it's mounted at.
http://serverfault.com/questions/363958/...-directory
ok sorry it windows this pc is just giving me more problems then ever i just want my website to work Smile sorry information you need i will give you
(2013-09-29, 01:10 AM)PC-2011 Wrote: [ -> ]So i have installed mySql 5.6 and it dose not start. next one i can get it started how can i change my data directory to my external hard drive because i don't have enough space on my internal hard drive.

Uninstall MySQL - Then reinstall it direct to your external (in a folder, probably) - Then DO NOT remove the drive.