MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upload location
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can you change the upload location to somewhere else like upload.example.com if the website is on example.com
Edit: please see post #5

move MyBB files to a sub-folder

open /inc/settings.php file in a code editor (eg. notepad++) and put correct (new) values for below variables

$settings['bburl'] = "________________";

$settings['cookiedomain'] = "____________";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "______________";
$settings['cookieprefix'] = "";
save the file

then log into admin panel (new address) and put again correct settings for below at the general configuration settings

Board URL | Cookie Domain | Cookie Path | Cookie Prefix
save the settings

see also cookie related guidance
Why do i need to move it to a sub folder and what do i need to change to the cookiedomain cookiepath and cookie prefix?
(2013-09-29, 04:32 AM)PC-2011 Wrote: [ -> ]Why do i need to move it to a sub folder
the steps mentioned above is to move your forum from example.com to xyz.example.com

(2013-09-29, 04:32 AM)PC-2011 Wrote: [ -> ]what do i need to change to the cookiedomain cookiepath and cookie prefix?

$settings['cookiedomain'] = "xyz.example.com";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/";
$settings['cookieprefix'] = "";

btw, do you want to move the entire forum to a subdomain or only the upload folder to a new locationHuhHuhHuh
You request seems to me like you want your uploads/images to be located at upload.example.com? So I assume you're asking how to create a CDN for MyBB?

There is a tutorial to integrate a CND with MyBB, although you'll also need to set up a CDN...
http://community.mybb.com/thread-94678.html