MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installed new theme now images such as "new thread" not showing.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I uploaded a new theme and everything else has worked very well with the changes I have made. I finally went to post a new thread and all the little images aren't showing ie: new thread, post reply, the rating one etc. Does anyone know why?

I have also tried changing my image directory with no luck.

Can anyone help please? I would be so grateful.

Thank you in advance.

website address it http://itrade.3owl.com
Seems like you've a CSS buttons for new thread, post reply etc.
Can you post your forumdisplay_newthread template?
This is what is in that file:

<a href="newthread.php?fid={$fid}" class="forumbutton">{$lang->qthemes_new_thread}</a>
Can you try and change it to this:

<a href="newthread.php?fid={$fid}" class="forumbutton">New Thread</a>
Yes that worked! How would you put in the normal images though? I assume I will have to do it to all the ones in the screen below as they are not showing either Sad They are all just little blocks. And I am unsure which files I would change for those buttons.
Yes, you've to change from $lang to hardcore defined names.
It's not a problem, If you ask me for advice, five minutes job.

Here is the list of buttons template you should check:

Quote:postbit_delete_pm
postbit_edit
postbit_email
postbit_find
postbit_forward_pm
postbit_multiquote
postbit_pm
postbit_quickdelete
postbit_quote
postbit_rep_button
postbit_reply_pm
postbit_replyall_pm
postbit_report
postbit_warn
postbit_www
forumdisplay_newthread
reputation_addlink
showthread_newreply
showthread_newreply_closed

If you want images instead of CSS buttons, make me known, and I'll help you about it Smile
I do like the new thread as the words but I would like the other ones to be images, if possible.
Yes it is, but you've to change every button you want to be an image. Above list of template, find it on list of templates, and right click on options and choose Return to original. All images are gonna be as MyBB default theme has. It's only left to upload on your ftp or whatever you use, to new images you want Smile
Okay, so I use the files above that you gave me and then change back to original? I will give that a try. That's exactly what I wanted to do, upload my own images.

"reputation_addlink" will not allow it to revert to original, seems it will only allow if the link is green.
Exactly. Code will be reverted to show images instead of class for your button. That back to original option, saves your time, otherwise if you don't revert it to original you'll need to manually change the code. Like this, you only need to change images you want.
Pages: 1 2