MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ACP gone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi to all of you. I have a big problem on my forum. I've tried everything that I could find to solve this problem, but nothing worked.

So let me explain how it all started. I came to a thread here on this forum on how to hide ip addresses from moderators: http://community.mybb.com/thread-145588.html

So I followed this procedure 'in ACP goto Users & Groups >> Groups >> Moderators >> Miscellaneous >> uncheck Can view IP addresses on who's online?'

after I got back to my forum from ACP I completely lost all administrator privileges. Can't login to ACP anymore. I lost Admin CP icon on top of the forum.

My nickname is still green colored (administrator color) and when I go to Forum Team my nickname is still marked as an administrator.

Of course I have tried with this query

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET usergroup='4' WHERE uid='X' 

but it didn't work.

when I go to table mybb_users - everything is set up as it should be - I'm in the usergroup no. 4 which is Administrators.

But still can't log to ACP.

Does anyone have any idea on how to solve this? Huh
yeah, I can get to login form using www.mysite.com/admin, but it doesn't accept my user and pass. nothing happens when I type my user and pass and hit enter.

interesting thing is that if I type wrong password I get the message that the username and password combination you entered is invalid, but if I type correct user and pass I don't get this message at all, it just doesn't get me through to ACP.
And when you did this:
PHP Code:
UPDATE mybb_users SET usergroup='4' WHERE uid='X'
Did you set your uid to the place of X?
yes of course. I did everything as you guys explained with this query. I went to mybb_users and checked - my nickname is in group 4 (administrators) and my uid is fine. everything seems to be just fine in the table, but for some reason I can't login and don't have the access to my ACP.
Quote:Users & Groups >> Groups >> Moderators >> Miscellaneous >> uncheck Can view IP addresses on who's online?'

this will affect only the moderators group, wonder how it affected your ACP access...

any way run this query and check......

UPDATE `mybb_usergroups` SET `cancp` = '1' WHERE `gid` = '4';
I think I was in both groups - Moderators and Administrators. Do you thing this has to do something with it?

I just ran this query:

UPDATE mybb_usergroups SET cancp = '1' WHERE gid = '4';

this is what I got:
'Your query did not return any results. (0.0008 seconds)'
these three queries are the ones related to Admin Panel Access...... it should fix the issue most times

UPDATE mybb_users SET usergroup='4' WHERE uid='your uid'

UPDATE `mybb_usergroups` SET `cancp` = '1' WHERE `gid` = '4'; 

DELETE FROM `mybb_datacache` WHERE `title` = 'usergroups'; 
this removes user groups from datacache(we can rebuild it later)
for each one of these queries I get: 'Your query did not return any results.'

OK I did it! one of these queries worked! I don't know which one because I ran all three of them in a row. THANKS A LOT @mmadhankumar!!!

what happens if I removed groups from datacache now? how to rebuild it?
glad it worked..... Smile

to rebuild the usergroup cache,
ACP >> Tools & Maintenance >> Cache Manager >> usergroups >> Rebuild Cache
Pages: 1 2