MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Usergroup Ranks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a thought for a relatively useful plugin if anyone is up to the challenge.

Usergroup ranks.

Each usergroup could have as many "ranks" within it as the administrator sets. Each rank would be able to use its own group rank image and also allow for a specified number of stars for each rank.

Why would this be useful? Well, it would help compress the number of usergroups required for websites with more complex staff rosters or usergroup ranks/systems.

The group rank image would be especially helpful to designate team leaders of a particular staff division with their own unique variation of the team's usergroup image. It's a bit cumbersome having to create an entirely new usergroup for a single team leader to create the same effect in vanilla MyBB.

It could also be nifty for VIP groups, clan groups, etc, allowing them to have a different forum star progression than the default stars that registered users have.
You could always use this http://mods.mybb.com/view/additional-usergroup-images it allows multiple ranks
(2013-09-30, 08:23 PM)rainbowdash93 Wrote: [ -> ]You could always use this http://mods.mybb.com/view/additional-usergroup-images it allows multiple ranks

I am aware of those. Toungue That mod and others like it merely display any additional group images in addition to their primary group image. I am not interested in displaying multiple group images, only in creating variation of group images for the same usergroup.

My suggestion was that there be multiple tiered ranks within a single usergroup, and each of those ranks be allowed a variation of the same group image to dictate which rank they are within said usergroup.

For instance, take a single usergroup. "Community Team". Within this group, there are two ranks. "Community Team Member" and "Community Team Leader". They're both within the same usergroup, but each display a different group image to represent their status.

Yes, you could just create an additional usergroup for the Team Leader, but it's a bit cumbersome when you have multiple teams. Or if you have more than 3 ranks for a usergroup.