MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Only a link dofollow in whole forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, sorry for maybe my stupid question.

I need to have only a link with rel="dofollow". Instead other links with rel="nofollow".

If I add manually rel="dofollow" to the <a href> link, this works for SEO?

Thank you in advance
There's no such thing as "dofollow". Search engines will follow every link unless explicitly told not to.
Thank you Nathan.

The problem is if I write a post with links and then with FireBug I look in code of link, I have rel="nofollow".
Is that on your own website? In that case the platform which you are using might add the nofollow tag to user submitted content, this method has been implemented in order to make it easier for webmasters to keep their website clean since Google (and other search engines) now focus on content more than before and they obviously consider whenever the website's content is "clean" or not.

Now back to the link building part, if you are doing link building by writing quality content you might not achieve the effect you are hoping on your rankings. Submitting quality content on other websites means that you help their rankings more than yours (that wasn't true a few years ago).

Excuse me for being a bit off-topic, I just wanted to point out that Google has change it's ways of ranking websites so you might want to save that content for yourself and start building quality content, instead of focusing too much on link building.