MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Downloadable Docs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any Place to download MyBB Documentation for offline uses? I need especially a section on Plugins.
Anywhere? Confused
Are you talking about http://docs.mybb.com/ ?
(2013-09-30, 11:45 PM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]Are you talking about http://docs.mybb.com/ ?
Yes but offline ones. I love to work offline sometimes and would like to have it with me Smile
I believe you can right click and click "Save Page As" to save the page.
(2013-10-01, 12:14 AM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]I believe you can right click and click "Save Page As" to save the page.
Why don't mybb dev provide a download (zipped html or even awful CHM)?
That's something you should ask the MyBB team but honestly it's not a major thing to consider. Documents change around every few months and when it's easier to view them online, why make an effort to download, unzip then read the actual document? Also, it's not like you will be dependent on the documents forever; Eventually, you will memorize the things mentioned in the documents or even set it in your head if you learn the instructions in the documents. All the information covered in documents are information for beginners, if you are novice or advanced, you probably won't need those documents because you know those stuff already.
(2013-10-01, 12:47 AM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]That's something you should ask the MyBB team but honestly it's not a major thing to consider. Documents change around every few months and when it's easier to view them online, why make an effort to download, unzip then read the actual document? Also, it's not like you will be dependent on the documents forever; Eventually, you will memorize the things mentioned in the documents or even set it in your head if you learn the instructions in the documents. All the information covered in documents are information for beginners, if you are novice or advanced, you probably won't need those documents because you know those stuff already.

I see your point. But I happen to forgot something only to find myself not on internet.
Thats the reason. I will just let it slip for now and use online. Since there is no offline one Wink