MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Usergroup showing is wrong
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello Forum team,

I am using myBB from past 1month, and my forum is

http://cyania.com/forums/

And the issue i am facing, is that if i have escalated the group of any member to mod/supermod/admin , its showing properly in their profile :

For ex : consider the profile of one of our member :

http://cyania.com/forums/member.php?acti...ile&uid=19 => its showing super moderator

But when someone looks for her reputation, its showing as Junior Member in her profile :

http://cyania.com/forums/reputation.php?uid=19 => showing Junior member. ( it must show as super moderator )

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Sarvsav Sharma
admin panel >> Users & Groups >> Groups >> Super Moderators >> Default User Title -->
enter Super Moderator and save group settings - now check - does it change ?
you may have to add similar entries for the other groups
Maybe they edited their Title.
^ No. many do not like changing their titles to default ones (like "Junior Member")
(2013-10-01, 07:48 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]admin panel >> Users & Groups >> Groups >> Super Moderators >> Default User Title -->
enter Super Moderator and save group settings - now check - does it change ?
you may have to add similar entries for the other groups

I appreciate the help provided by you, but still i feel it must be an inbuilt process.

And its already set as "super mod" ( admin panel >> Users & Groups >> Groups >> Super Moderators >> Default User Title -->
enter Super Moderator and save group settings ) by default , anywhere else i can change? Sorry, but it didnt work out. Sad

Thanks for the help.

(2013-10-01, 08:47 AM)Tonex Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe they edited their Title.

My friend its happening with every user. Smile So, no one changed the settings. I have done a fresh installation on my local and its having the same issue. May be a issue that needs to fixed by myBB team.
(2013-10-01, 05:21 PM)sarvsav Wrote: [ -> ]My friend its happening with every user. Smile

How exactly do you change user's group? I guess you don't change primary and display group at the same time - reputation page uses display group title for some reason. Make sure they are the same and then recheck reputation/profile.
(2013-10-01, 05:50 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-01, 05:21 PM)sarvsav Wrote: [ -> ]My friend its happening with every user. Smile

How exactly do you change user's group? I guess you don't change primary and display group at the same time - reputation page uses display group title for some reason. Make sure they are the same and then recheck reputation/profile.

What i do is, go to specific user profile and edit that user.

Changes his/her group "Primary User Group" to "mod/super mod/admin" and Display group is set as "Default primary usergroup" and save changes.
Is nia using the default usertitle or a custom usertitle set through their UserCP? Find out by going to ACP>Users & Groups>FIND NIAS PROFILE>Options>Edit Profile & Settings>Profile>Custom User Title

Also, go to ACP>Tools & Maintenance>Cache Manager>usergroups>Rebuild cache
(2013-10-02, 12:30 AM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]Is nia using the default usertitle or a custom usertitle set through their UserCP? Find out by going to ACP>Users & Groups>FIND NIAS PROFILE>Options>Edit Profile & Settings>Profile>Custom User Title

Also, go to ACP>Tools & Maintenance>Cache Manager>usergroups>Rebuild cache

Its happenening with all members. You can look for other profiles, or try other myBB forums, you will find the same thing. I have visited some forums, and found the same issue who has myBB installed.
It's not happening here. It's not happening on any forums that I owned. It's also not happening on localhost.

Did you try what I suggested? Also, can you provide the websites you claim have this same issue?
Pages: 1 2