MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Sending out tons of Subscriptions e-mails
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here's what I recommend. Remove the option from your theme then cancel it through PHPMyAdmin.

Step #1

Go to ACP>Templates & Styles>Templates>YOUR THEME>Forumdisplay Templates>forumdisplay_threadlist

Find and Remove:

<a href="usercp2.php?action={$add_remove_subscription}subscription&amp;type=forum&amp;fid={$fid}&amp;my_post_key={$mybb->post_code}">{$add_remove_subscription_text}</a>

Step # 2

Go to Showthread Templates>Showthread

Find and Remove:

<li class="subscription_{$add_remove_subscription}"><a href="usercp2.php?action={$add_remove_subscription}subscription&amp;tid={$tid}&amp;my_post_key={$mybb->post_code}">{$add_remove_subscription_text}</a></li>

Step # 3

Go to User Control Panel Templates>usercp

Find and Remove:

{$latest_subscribed}

Step # 4

Go to usercp_nav_misc template

Find and Remove:

<tr><td class="trow1 smalltext"><a href="usercp.php?action=subscriptions" class="usercp_nav_item usercp_nav_subscriptions">{$lang->ucp_nav_subscribed_threads}</a></td></tr>
	<tr><td class="trow1 smalltext"><a href="usercp.php?action=forumsubscriptions" class="usercp_nav_item usercp_nav_fsubscriptions">{$lang->ucp_nav_forum_subscriptions}</a></td></tr>

Final Step

Backup your database before running the query below.

Go to PHPMyAdmin>YOUR DATABASE>SQL

And run the following queries:

TRUNCATE TABLE mybb_forumsubscriptions;

And

TRUNCATE TABLE mybb_threadsubscriptions;

Good Luck!
Arbaz, thank you so very much. What a great step-by-step - even I could follow it lol
The last couple of steps I never would have figured out so I'm very greatful!

Thanks!! Big Grin
PinkStar
Pages: 1 2