MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CHMOD TUTORIALS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The MyBB staff are currently trying out screencasting software and we are in the process of making tutorials on how to CHMOD files using various FTP clients. Please note if you need further assistance with CHMOD, we suggest that you consult your FTP client documentation or community as we can only give limited support.

The tutorial I made is for the LeechFTP software, which is my personal favourite. It's fast, free, lightweight (it's even smaller than the MyBB download), simple to use but is robust enough for most users Smile LeechFTP can be found on download.com. Unfortunately it is no longer developed (it hasn't been for at least several years) but still it does its job Smile

The tutorial is here:
http://www.dennistt.net/mybb/screencasts...3.swf.html

So far we are also planning on screencast tutorials for Filezilla and SmartFTP which will be available in the coming days.

Please feel free to comment Smile
Looks fine. But why a flash? I like the good old "do this, then that" manual style stuff. Smile
Will Done DennisTT, I'm Glade to here your voice mate Smile
Yeah Tikitiki and Christian are extremely shy and are very reluctant in posting their screencasts of the other FTP software...
DennisTT Wrote:The MyBB staff are currently trying out screencasting software and we are in the process of making tutorials on how to CHMOD files using various FTP clients. Please note if you need further assistance with CHMOD, we suggest that you consult your FTP client documentation or community as we can only give limited support.

The tutorial I made is for the LeechFTP software, which is my personal favourite. It's fast, free, lightweight (it's even smaller than the MyBB download), simple to use but is robust enough for most users Smile LeechFTP can be found on download.com. Unfortunately it is no longer developed (it hasn't been for at least several years) but still it does its job Smile

The tutorial is here:
http://www.dennistt.net/mybb/screencasts...3.swf.html

So far we are also planning on screencast tutorials for Filezilla and SmartFTP which will be available in the coming days.

Please feel free to comment Smile

Is it ok to use cuteFTP? That's what I use to upload my website files.
Thats fine too.
Cute FTP is the best, IMHO! I really don't even like Smart FTP. CuteFTP is easier to navigate, I've found, but then Cute isn't free, which gives Smart an advantage!
In SmartFTP, do exactly the same except choose the "Properties / CHMOD" option when you right click on the config / settings files.
Why use a GUI to chmod, pointless lol.

ssh yourserver.domain.com -l yourusername
cd /home/username/forums
chmod -r ./inc/config.php
The basic 3 commands for remotely chmodding files under a nix system.
Pages: 1 2 3