MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: contact form that creates a new thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm in need of a very simple plugin that'll allow me to use a contact form to submit featured articles. my hope is that it'll create a new thread within a specified forum when it's submitted.

the form would be as simple as this:
name (this should be automatically populated based on the user's username)
title (title of the thread)
as soon as the form is submitted, I want it to create a new thread, using the title the user gave as well as using the 'message' as the text in the post.

maybe a message, after the submission and before a redirection, would be nice as well.

I got a form built.
(2013-10-02, 03:40 PM)Shemo Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I'm in need of a very simple plugin that'll allow me to use a contact form to submit featured articles. my hope is that it'll create a new thread within a specified forum when it's submitted.

as soon as the form is submitted, I want it to create a new thread, using the title the user gave as well as using the 'message' as the text in the post.

maybe a message, after the submission and before a redirection, would be nice as well.

I got a form built.

very interested in this....you able to share?
(2013-10-16, 05:18 PM)shortcutkid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-02, 03:40 PM)Shemo Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I got a form built.

very interested in this....you able to share?

I need to make a few edits and then I could probably share.
(2013-10-16, 05:23 PM)Shemo Wrote: [ -> ]I need to make a few edits and then I could probably share.

cool.

I'm trying to collect data from my users and post them to a forum that only certain groups will have access to. I'm assuming that I can do the second part with permissions and access and viewing possibly moderation as well.... But that's the 2nd part of my goal.

First part is to just use PageManager to create a form that collects data and either PMs, emails, or posts the content somewhere...

Since I'm completely green to MyBB and PHP, I apologize in advance for any bonehead questions that I may ask. Confused Blush
^ a premium plugin exists which suits your requirements
(2013-10-16, 05:34 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ a premium plugin exists which suits your requirements

Would work, except that I'm using a free MyBB host that does not allow plugins from the "outside world" to be installed. PLUS, unless there was some substantial cash exchanged, I'm sure that Nickman (from mybbsource) wouldn't want the plugin used for free for all the users that my host has...
You could also use XThreads if your host allows it: http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=288

You can find at least 1 contact form for it here, but there are also other possiblities:
http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=559