MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Image and Avatar Customization
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, I have quite a few questions on things I would like to implement to my forum.

I would like to know how to best get an image for each forum, hopefully one that changes with New Posts, No New Posts, and Locked.
Similar to this picture: TESOF

I also like to try to have an image for each forum Category, on the THEAD I believe.
This can be seen in this picture: Teccanique

Lastly, as shown in both pictures above, I would like to try to add Avatars to the Last Post box.

Thank you for all the help guys, hopefully it is alright that I put all of my questions into one thread.
The thing that kind of gets me about using these plugins is how low their ratings are, and their reviews. While they may work, they don't seem to be well received.

Is there a way to do this without the use of plugins?
Well the first plugin has no review or rating at all that's because not everyone downloads the plugin after signing in to their account. The second plugin is a well-known plugin by a very respected and known developer.

http://mods.mybb.com/view-resource/forum-icons-v2 - This tutorial will show you how to use custom forum icons without the use of a plugin.
Thank you for the clarification. I will try these out and report back.

If anyone could help with the images for Forum Categories that would be great.