MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin lockout after 5 attempts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good Morning Team,

It appears when I get this message:-

Your account is currently locked out after failing to login 5 times. You have been sent an email with instructions on how to unlock your account.

I dont get an email most likely my fault Smile

So two questions please where did I miss putting the email in the settings
and how do I fix the problem please

This is the latest version of mybb

All the best from Alan
Hi Alan.

If you have access to your mysql db in your server run this query to reset your password to test

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `password` = '098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6', `salt` = '' WHERE `uid` = 'X' 

Change the X for your user id which if you were the first member will be 1

Then you can try to log in using your username and the test password. if you manage to get in please please change your password to a secure one you can remember.

to change the admin email. go to phpadmin in your server, click mybb_settings and look for "Admin Email" and click edit. then enter your email address and click save.

that should sort everything out.
(2013-10-03, 10:48 AM)alanrobinsonleigh Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Alan.

If you have access to your mysql db in your server run this query to reset your password to test

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `password` = '098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6', `salt` = '' WHERE `uid` = 'X' 

Change the X for your user id which if you were the first member will be 1

Then you can try to log in using your username and the test password. if you manage to get in please please change your password to a secure one you can remember.

to change the admin email. go to phpadmin in your server, click mybb_settings and look for "Admin Email" and click edit. then enter your email address and click save.

that should sort everything out.

Thank you for the information, I did try that before, I think the username and password are fine, I even did it via the forgotten password section, it is almost like like a time out setting..

All the best from Alan
Try this:

UPDATE `mybb_adminoptions` SET `loginattempts` = '0', `loginlockoutexpiry` = '0' WHERE `uid` = 'X';

Change X to your UID.

It should just email the address you have set for your account, do you know if other emails from your site get sent?
(2013-10-03, 11:29 AM)Matt. Wrote: [ -> ]Try this:

UPDATE `mybb_adminoptions` SET `loginattempts` = '0', `loginlockoutexpiry` = '0' WHERE `uid` = 'X';

Change X to your UID.

It should just email the address you have set for your account, do you know if other emails from your site get sent?

Hi there yes I changed the X to Admin

The email works for forgotten password, but the lockout 5 attempts no email is sent...

All the best from Alan
(2013-10-03, 02:02 PM)stewartrose Wrote: [ -> ]

Change X to your UID.

The email works for forgotten password, but the lockout 5 attempts no email is sent...

All the best from Alan

did you cahnge it to the word Admin or the UID of 1
User ID, not username Smile
(2013-10-03, 02:08 PM)alanrobinsonleigh Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-03, 02:02 PM)stewartrose Wrote: [ -> ]

Change X to your UID.

All the best from Alan

did you cahnge it to the word Admin or the UID of 1

Well done, this one fixed the problem thank you....

All the best from Alan