MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Multiple portals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any chance of having a multiple portals option for gold? What I mean is say you run two sites, you can have one portal for each site both containing different things.
So you will have two forums as in domain.com/forum and domain.com/forums ? you will have one portal pages in each directory. Are you wanting to take both portals and put them into the root directory like domain.com/index.php?

You can't have two files with the same name in the same directory. You could put one in there and have it named index.php, but you will have to have another name for the other one. Why not just have direct links to the portal page of each forum? For the domain.com page you could create a splash page with links to each forum for them to choose from.
What I mean is. My forums are all located at the same place and seperated into catergorys. Two of these catergorys have news one about games and another which is general. What I would like is say two portals running on the same mybb installation (the file names dont really matter) but I would have one geting info from say topic 1 and another from topic 3.
ah, I see what you mean. First you need two portal names, portal.php and portal2.php for eg.

Next, you need to edit portal2.php and change "$settings[portal_announcementsfid]" to the number of the forum you want to pull the announcments from. Or set up a new setting in myBB and have portal2.php get the second setting.

Let me know if you want help installing the new setting (although the first one is tons easier)
ah I see well that doesnt sound too hard I will give it a crack when I have a break from WoW Smile