MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [query] No admin account
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Team,

My question is : if i remove the admin account from my forum, just change the group_id of admin account(particular user) from my databse, and whenever i feel that i need admin account i change the group_id of that particular user again from Database. Does it help in increasing the security of forum.

Because as there is no admin account, hackers will never able to compromise any of admin account.

Thoughts?
But if you remove all the admin accounts from the admin group, how would you promote yourself back to the admin group without having access to ACP?

What you could do is leave the founder (UID 1) as admin however remove it from Super Admin then around UID 10, create another account and set that as the Super Admin account. People will tend to think that UID 1 is the main target because they were the first one to join AKA to create the board so they would have more privileges than anyone else.

You could also later on hide your super admin account from view so no one will find out about this admin swap trick. Even if they do compromise the account with UID 1, you could easily take over the board again because once again they don't have the super admin account, only you do and they won't know that UID 1 is the actual super admin unless they have access to your /inc/config.php file.

Hide Super Admin: http://www.communityplugins.com/forum/sh...hp?tid=118
Thanks Arbaz for your help, thats what i was looking for. :-)
Yes that will work , if u change Root Admin Group ID from phpMyAdmin it will remain safe, and when u want it back change back to " 4" and it will work again.