MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Tabbed Member profiles.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Will anybody be kind enough to make a guide detailing how to get tabbed profiles working in mybb?

Thanks guys, I tried to do this but encountered some hiccups. Well I wont be paying for this, but if any designer helps me achieve it, I will sure be providing a backlnik to their site in the footer.

Thanks Big Grin
You can use this fiddle i have created to make your own tabs , just define jQuery that's it.
Here is the link : http://jsfiddle.net/envira/yj6hJ/
Made a quick tutorial too : http://myskins.org/Thread-Tutorial-to-ma...ith-jQuery
regards
Thanks Envira, I was using another fiddle but I will try yours and report back. Thanks once again.

Ok Envira, I will add a backlink to your site once I release the theme to public in a few days. Thanks a lot for the help.

Well I just found out that I was using a similar Jquery script, but I made one big error which is why only one of my tab worked, ie all the tabs pointed to the same element.
instead of having
<li ahref="#tab3, tab4 etc.. all contained #tab1
So if I am right this means all the tabs linked to the same set of elements. This is why it failed to work. Thanks for your guide and help.
Now I will get to work on the tab css. Needs a lot of styling, and also maybe move the user details to a left pane.
Thanks.
Oh yeah I also forgot to include the jquery.noconflict Any-ways hope I am excused as I am just learning to use Jquery and scripts. Anyway what does the no conflict do?
noConflict returns control of the $ character to any other library that uses it.

So with MyBB, using jQuery.noConflict() means that Prototype can use $, as jQuery is now using jQuery.

So call jQuery.noConflict() and then, instead of using $ at the start, use jQuery:

jQuery(document).ready(function(){
jQuery(".trigger").click(function(){
jQuery(this).children().each().show();
});
});

or

jQuery(document).ready(function($){ // note the $
$(".trigger").click(function(){
$(this).children().each().show();
});
});

PLEASE note this is pseudocode and probably won't work.
Ok I start getting the idea of this. That means there is a syntactical clash between protype and jquery and the no conflict solves that right.

Thanks Seabody.