MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to troubleshoot mail issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been able to send email as per the suggestion here: http://docs.mybb.com/Help-Mail.html

But our forum members are still mostly not receiving password reset emails. Where should I start with looking in to this? Is there a log kept of messages sent and the mail server responses received? Or is there a way for MyBB to use SMTP to send mail?

I'm running a VPS, so there are no restrictions on how mail passes through the server.
Go to ACP>Tools & Maintenance>Logs>System Mail Logs

Are there are any errors? If so, post the top 10 errors.
Interesting. There's nothing in the logs at all. It just says "There are no log entries with the selected criteria."
Are you under DDoS protection such as Cloudflare?
(2013-10-04, 08:11 PM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]Are you under DDoS protection such as Cloudflare?

Yes. Should I try turning it off, or is there a way for Cloudflare to work with MyBB?
Well you can use Cloudflare. Just go into Cloudflare DNS settings and disable protection for your mail records ONLY.
Hmmm. Just checked and Cloudflare is being used for DNS, but Cloudflare protection is being bypassed at the moment, so it's presumably not that. Besides, shouldn't any outgoing mail activity from MyBB have been recorded in its logs?
No. Only e-mails that aren't sent through get logged on MyBB mail logs. Could you screenshot your Cloudflare DNS settings and post it here or send it to me via PM?