MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1and1 Domains
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if some could share their experiences with 1and1 domains. I bought a domain few weeks ago and still having issues activating my account due to their support system. I want to know if it's a company to stay with or not.

P.S: I've always used netfirms or namecheap, I'm using 1and.com for the first time.
i have done work for customers of theirs and I am not impressed, but others have good luck. they have pros and cons I suppose. They would not be so big if they sucked too bad
I have my domains registered through them, and they are alright I guess. I haven't been too pleased myself though, and plan on transferring to namecheap sometime in the near future.
The way they save the credit card details of the customers for future use appears risky to me. They do use some systems that bypasses the visa gateway authentication.
Effone this is mainly the problem when paying to a foreign currency. Visa 3d secure gets bypassed. I have paid to college board for SAT exams and the same thing happened.

Arbaz 1and1 has been a very good company a few years back where once I did have hosting. Excellent dual mirror technology. In recent times they are not as good as before.
Last time I bought a domain through them, the domain remained unregistered and said "pending" for well over a week after I paid, so I repurchased the domain on namecheap since I obviously wasn't getting it from them and they refused to give me a refund for the domain I never got.
I purchased 1 domain from 1and1 in past but never renewed the domain there, instead i transferred to namecheap
I just went ahead and bought a new domain with Godaddy. Lets see how this goes Smile

Thanks everyone for their input.

(2013-10-05, 01:10 PM)Stefan C. Wrote: [ -> ]Last time I bought a domain through them, the domain remained unregistered and said "pending" for well over a week after I paid, so I repurchased the domain on namecheap since I obviously wasn't getting it from them and they refused to give me a refund for the domain I never got.

Same thing with me.