MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB SQL Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now and then when I view my MyBB admin area/frontend I get this message:
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:1226 - User 'username_mybb' has exceeded the 'max_user_connections' resource (current value: 5)Query:[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server

I usually hit reload/click again and the problem is solved. It just happend a few minutes ago and it's during my slow time with few users online.
I've searched my MyBB admin area for any settings that could be wrongt but I haven't found it. Looking at my webstats I'm far from using my allowed space/bandwidth.
So what do I need to do/change?

Thank you,
PinkStar
it is a web host related issue. Ask to increase the max user connections.
Yes, I did contact them first to see if I needed to upgrade my hosting package and they told me I should ask MyBB for support about optimization first.
So there is no setting or anything that I could change and it's all due to my host limitation then?

Thank you,
PinkStar
^ ask your web host to check this and provide you better guidance
(2013-10-05, 07:40 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ ask your web host to check this and provide you better guidance

Thank you for the link. I did a search before posting this thread but that didn't come up.
I have forwarded it to my host and we'll see if they allow it or not. Or if I have to upgrade my hosting package.

Thank you very much
PinkStar
What host are you using? MyBB itself is already optimized fairly well, and as long as you don't have highly resource intensive plugins, it shouldn't need further optimization.

Often shared hosts aren't really expecting people to host forums on them, so their limits aren't really tuned to favor those kinds of websites. If your forum is very large, you might also run into some issues. I once tried to restore a mybb forum on iPage, and the merge system would not even work due to hourly mysql query limits.

If this is an ongoing issue, I'd strongly recommend considering hosts that are more forum-friendly.