MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin tools for Subscriptions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had a big problem due to subscriptions: http://community.mybb.com/thread-146140.html and I would like to suggest you add a feature for admins to see who's subscribing to what, be able to cancel subscriptions per user and also a option to turn it off all togeather.
For users add a verification box to cancel if they clicked the link by accident (which happend to some of my members).
During my issues I checked my System Mail log and it just said: There are no log entries with the selected criteria.
When looking at User Mail log it's not specified if these are e-mails or pm's and these are just the private conversations and no subscriptions.

I also consider this a security issue as I see how some have problems with personal vendettas from competing webmasters, my self included. It would be easy to just attack with alot of fake accounts, hit subscribe on all of these accounts and then start spamming in a attemt to overload the server.
I have personally removed the subscribe links (thank you again Arbaz!) due to all these issues.

Thank you,
PinkStar
I wouldn't say it's a security risk but it's something that should be added/improved.
(2013-10-05, 08:03 AM)King Louis Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't say it's a security risk but it's something that should be added/improved.
In my case, who's on a shared server, this caused my host to send me warning messages about maxing out the allowed e-mails per day and I could possible had my account suspended due to suspicious spam. And getting warnings that my host might shut me down is what I consider a security risk.
It took me a while to locate what these e-mails were and where they came from because there is absolutly nothing in MyBB that indicates that thousands of e-mails are being blasted.

Thank you for the feedback.
PinkStar