MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CDN integration settings for mybb 2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi guys,
these days, cdn is very important for websites to load fastly by serving static content from nearby servers to user.

is there any options considered for cdn in mind..?? like sub domain

cdn.example.com, so static contents will ne offloaded to easily, and simple to integrate cdn.

[or]
better list the static content with text boxes , so user paste the cdn file link, something like pasting logo image link now, user have to paste logo link, it's easy to paste rather than editing codes or sub-domain changing
Euan T was attempting to add some sort of CDN functionality to MyBB 1.8. I should think MyBB 2.0 will include the option to use a CDN.
[Image: 0c8q.jpg]

may be first we can adding manual functionality..? because it's easy, we have some 20-30 static files only.

so we can even paste link from subdomain,

cdn.example.com/images/logo.png like that.

Important thing to consider is, lot of guys are creating own cdn using their own serveres, so we have to move static content to sub-domain is the first step.
(2013-10-07, 08:04 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]Euan T was attempting to add some sort of CDN functionality to MyBB 1.8. I should think MyBB 2.0 will include the option to use a CDN.

I really should do some more work on that front...
@Euan T
what you planned mate..? first offloading static content to sub domain then cdn pull..?
(2013-10-07, 08:04 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]Euan T was attempting to add some sort of CDN functionality to MyBB 1.8. I should think MyBB 2.0 will include the option to use a CDN.

honestly, it should be included in 1.8

using a cdn in 1.6, as it stands now, requires quite a few edits, especially if you push a lot of stuff to a CDN.
(2013-10-08, 06:26 PM)feastboy Wrote: [ -> ]@Euan T
what you planned mate..? first offloading static content to sub domain then cdn pull..?

It's mostly aimed at the use of pull zones. The idea is you can specify a CDN URL and it's used to access any JS/CSS/imag
es.
CDN is growing so quickly, especially with CloudFlare now. We definitely need something built-in.
(2014-03-08, 02:21 PM)Ultip Wrote: [ -> ]CDN is growing so quickly, especially with CloudFlare now. We definitely need something built-in.
CloudFlare isn't really a factor, as it caches without you changing anything or having to upload images.

Would be a useful feature, especially for larger sites.
As said above, I have started some work on CDN support. You can follow the pull request for 1.8 here: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/pull/64

There's still some work to do, but currently CSS and JS are loaded from the configured CDN. Unfortunately there's a lot of hard-coded stuff in MyBB that's slowing the process down.