MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Remove "Quote" button in postbit from users who aren't logged in
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to remove the quote button when guest are viewing threads, as it is point less to have since they quote/post.

My url is http://cyberforums.net

Image: [Image: 76a4.png]

I see this method: http://community.mybb.com/thread-123313.html Is there any way to do it without template conditionals?
Do you want to disable quoting for the guests usergroup or disable posting and remove the quote button for guests?
(2013-10-08, 03:15 AM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]Do you want to disable quoting for the guests usergroup or disable posting and remove the quote button for guests?
Posting is already disabled, I just need to remove the quote button for guests.
I think you would need to use the template conditionals plugin because as far as I know, PHP is required in templates.
(2013-10-08, 03:57 AM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]I think you would need to use the template conditionals plugin because as far as I know, PHP is required in templates.
Didn't really wanna add it since I don't feel like it's the most secure thing. Do you know how the "reply" and other postbit buttons are hidden? Maybe I could do it from how they are hidden.
(2013-10-08, 04:03 AM)Rymax99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-08, 03:57 AM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]I think you would need to use the template conditionals plugin because as far as I know, PHP is required in templates.
Didn't really wanna add it since I don't feel like it's the most secure thing. Do you know how the "reply" and other postbit buttons are hidden? Maybe I could do it from how they are hidden.

Reply and Quote are the very same buttons. On many sites including MyBB Community, the button is named to Reply but on your forum, the button is called "Quote".

As for using PHP in templates, if it wasn't secure then many big boards wouldn't be using it. The template conditionals plugin doesn't allow any bad characters so you should be safe.
(2013-10-08, 04:44 AM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-08, 04:03 AM)Rymax99 Wrote: [ -> ]

Reply and Quote are the very same buttons. On many sites including MyBB Community, the button is named to Reply but on your forum, the button is called "Quote".

As for using PHP in templates, if it wasn't secure then many big boards wouldn't be using it. The template conditionals plugin doesn't allow any bad characters so you should be safe.
Forgot that. Thanks a lot.
Marked as solved.