MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: a fast way to change the password and email of all the users except admin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have alot of bots registred, and i would like to keep them as "registred" users, but without lettin them posting, is there a way that i can change the passwords of them with the email?
(2013-10-08, 05:41 PM)zaishen Wrote: [ -> ]i have alot of bots registred, and i would like to keep them as "registred" users, but without lettin them posting, is there a way that i can change the passwords of them with the email?

do you mean you wish to change both their email address & password ? I would think long and hard about this action as if you run the sql command on the database you alter the passwords etc of real users .... unless you have a common field & value that you can use in the sql statement. what peram's have you in mind ?
(2013-10-08, 06:40 PM)JimR Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-08, 05:41 PM)zaishen Wrote: [ -> ]i have alot of bots registred, and i would like to keep them as "registred" users, but without lettin them posting, is there a way that i can change the passwords of them with the email?

do you mean you wish to change both their email address & password ? I would think long and hard about this action as if you run the sql command on the database you alter the passwords etc of real users .... unless you have a common field & value that you can use in the sql statement. what peram's have you in mind ?

i have some spam bots registred on my forum and i would like to keep them without banning them, you know? the usernames of the bots i would like to keep them, but i have to change their password and email to stop them posting spams Big Grin
(2013-10-08, 08:32 PM)zaishen Wrote: [ -> ]

i have some spam bots registred on my forum and i would like to keep them without banning them, you know? the usernames of the bots i would like to keep them, but i have to change their password and email to stop them posting spams Big Grin

did you not read what I posted ?

That's a terrible practice. If you're trying to make your forum look bigger, there are plugins for that. However, I don't recommend them for anything but dev purposes.
(2013-10-08, 08:41 PM)Rymax99 Wrote: [ -> ]

That's a terrible practice. If you're trying to make your forum look bigger, there are plugins for that. However, I don't recommend them for anything but dev purposes.

im not trying to make my forum look bigger, i just want to keep that usernames without spam
What's the reason behind that, if I may ask?

Anyways, you need to run these queries:
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `email` = '[email protected]' WHERE `uid` <> '1' 
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `password` = '098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6', `salt` = '' WHERE `uid` <> '1'
Change 1 at the end to your uid of course.
thanks, im going to try that

is nothing behind, i have some bots registred on my forum and i think is useless banning them, i want to keep them as users Big Grin, but without spam messages u know?
(2013-10-08, 09:07 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]What's the reason behind that, if I may ask?

Anyways, you need to run these queries:
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `email` = '[email protected]' WHERE `uid` <> '1' 
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `password` = '098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6', `salt` = '' WHERE `uid` <> '1'
Change 1 at the end to your uid of course.

with 1000+ spam accounts this query set may take some time to execute, where as using the mybb inbuilt user pruning task and email address banning does the job.

User Pruning - removes the user id (although there are not enough settings for this imo)
Ban Email address works well if you check out the domains that spam comes from ..... example use email verification setting for registrations and ban a whole email domain ... you end up with zero spam .... you may think that you will loose real users via this approach but in real terms you don't.....