MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Pull Request #134
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After I log in, on Member.php I encounter an error. The error I encounter can be seen below.

Fatal error: Call to a member function invalidate_captcha() on a non-object in /home/REMOVED/public_html/member.php on line 1251

I searched it on Google to see if there was any fix and I found Pull Request # 134. I went over to "Files Changed" and edited my admin/modules/config/post_icons.php file with the edits shown on github but I still see the same error.

Am I missing something?
#134 does not fix this issue; it fixes a post icon issue.

To try to debug the issue, check that something like $login_captcha = new captcha(false, "post_captcha"); is defined in member.php. Essentially, $login_captcha needs to be set.
Wow, that was stupid of me lol. Thanks for the correction! After I searched up the issue, I just clicked on the first (Only result I got) and assumed it should contain the issue.

The only thing related to $login_captcha I see is the following:

// Invalidate captcha
		if($login_captcha !== false)
		{
			$login_captcha->invalidate_captcha();

Lines 1248-1251
Stefan fixed this yesterday
Do I have to re-install?
Reinstalling helps if there has been template changes (saves you manually editing them), but it's worth a try. As it's a test forum it doesn't really matter how often you reinstall.
(2013-10-11, 02:33 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]Reinstalling helps if there has been template changes (saves you manually editing them), but it's worth a try. As it's a test forum it doesn't really matter how often you reinstall.

That's true. I just wanted to make sure it was updated and fixed on github.

Thanks!