MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I hope that mybb devs take care of PunBB cms
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi, guys i just seen that cms called PunBB, and its very nice (simple with not many options, but cool), browsing their forum is all so dead, the sad thing of it is that nobody takes care of it, is abandoned, the dev got bored or something.., i think that cms deserve better conditions

what do you know about that cms, is failed or whats the story of it?
What does this have to do with MyBB?
(2013-10-09, 10:55 PM)Riad C. Wrote: [ -> ]What does this have to do with MyBB?

Exactly. The MyBB devs have a project already, known as MyBB, and it needs love itself.
i look into this, this is very simple and boring for me... mybb is much better and best even...
I used PunBB before I started using MyBB. I like the simplicity of it but it was beginning to get annoying. It doesn't have attachments or a private messaging system. I would rather just use MyBB and cherry-pick the features I like and remove the ones I don't with its awesome template editor.

i posted in general, i think here we can talk about everything

(2013-10-10, 05:41 AM)kartic Wrote: [ -> ]i look into this, this is very simple and boring for me... mybb is much better and best even...

mybb is much more better for sure, but that punbb cms is small, simple and works nice, is that kind of things called "simple but good"

(2013-10-12, 01:37 PM)MobileMod Wrote: [ -> ]I used PunBB before I started using MyBB. I like the simplicity of it but it was beginning to get annoying. It doesn't have attachments or a private messaging system. I would rather just use MyBB and cherry-pick the features I like and remove the ones I don't with its awesome template editor.

mybb is 'worked', is very good, i think the best free forum cms, u can make it look epic and with just few steps, very easy to customize, good support on the forum, friendly comunity, secure, etc

but this punbb is very nice, shame that is abandoned, there is alot of ppl who like it and there is no support, no news, nothing, a small team of coders created fluxbb, wich is the alternative of punbb, they try to revive punbb in their way, i dont know, but anyways, that cms deserve more coders and support, would be nice to see mybb coding it and taking it up, omg..
(2013-10-15, 03:19 AM)zaishen Wrote: [ -> ]

i posted in general, i think here we can talk about everything

(2013-10-10, 05:41 AM)kartic Wrote: [ -> ]i look into this, this is very simple and boring for me... mybb is much better and best even...

mybb is much more better for sure, but that punbb cms is small, simple and works nice, is that kind of things called "simple but good"

(2013-10-12, 01:37 PM)MobileMod Wrote: [ -> ]I used PunBB before I started using MyBB. I like the simplicity of it but it was beginning to get annoying. It doesn't have attachments or a private messaging system. I would rather just use MyBB and cherry-pick the features I like and remove the ones I don't with its awesome template editor.

mybb is 'worked', is very good, i think the best free forum cms, u can make it look epic and with just few steps, very easy to customize, good support on the forum, friendly comunity, secure, etc

but this punbb is very nice, shame that is abandoned, there is alot of ppl who like it and there is no support, no news, nothing, a small team of coders created fluxbb, wich is the alternative of punbb, they try to revive punbb in their way, i dont know, but anyways, that cms deserve more coders and support, would be nice to see mybb coding it and taking it up, omg..

What you don't seem to be acknowledging fully is that MyBB is a superior platform, and that there is absolutely no benefit to the MyBB team supporting another forum software that is used much less commonly, meanwhile MyBB itself needs a considerable amount of work to keep up with the current trends on the web. There's no reason to support PunBB except for the niche use cases where someone installed a forum software which lacks a lot of forum features (I've only seen one PunBB forum in all my web browsing).

It's like Microsoft working on the next Mac OS X version and new iMac models. They'd be digging their own grave by doing that.