MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: template diff report question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
just so I'm doing this correctly, when running 'find updated templates' finds templates that were updated, do I need to replace the stuff it finds in pink (I guess that's the color?) with the stuff in green for the template to function correctly?
Open Diff Report and Full Edit in 2 tabs and you'll easily see which color do you need to implement in Full Edit. Also you need to edit mainly variables {$xxx} (watch out for plugin vars) and rarely JS, HTML shouldn't have any bigger impact so no need to touch it.

EDIT: forgot to mention that also except variables and JS input names/values might be required to be changed.
Not really, red is stuff that's in the default version but not in yours (i.e. missing) and green is stuff not in the default but is in yours (i.e. added). They may be completely unrelated to eachother, it isn't a case of replacing one with the other. The best thing to do is just make a note of what you actually know you've changed in there, make a note of it, revert the template to default, and then make your changes again.
(2013-10-10, 07:57 AM)Matt. Wrote: [ -> ]Not really, red is stuff that's in the default version but not in yours (i.e. missing) and green is stuff not in the default but is in yours (i.e. added). They may be completely unrelated to eachother, it isn't a case of replacing one with the other. The best thing to do is just make a note of what you actually know you've changed in there, make a note of it, revert the template to default, and then make your changes again.

ok, and I guess it's safe to assume that if it's not something I remember changing in the diff report, to just do a revert?