MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [resolved] Editing the HTML of the quotes.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
At the moment, the layout of the quotes on my forum is horrible, I'd like to reposition the username & the dateline, but I cannot find a template. Could someone please let me know which of the files the quotes are defined in?

Here's an example of the ugly text formatting on my quotes.
(2013-10-10, 09:54 AM)cronhound Wrote: [ -> ]At the moment, the layout of the quotes on my forum is horrible, I'd like to reposition the username & the dateline, but I cannot find a template. Could someone please let me know which of the files the quotes are defined in?

which theme ru using Smile
(2013-10-10, 11:35 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Follow solution in this topic: http://community.mybb.com/thread-141714....ight=quote
Sorry, but that is not what I'm looking for.
(2013-10-10, 01:41 PM)GFXfreak Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-10, 09:54 AM)cronhound Wrote: [ -> ]At the moment, the layout of the quotes on my forum is horrible, I'd like to reposition the username & the dateline, but I cannot find a template. Could someone please let me know which of the files the quotes are defined in?

which theme ru using Smile

I am using a premium bootstrap theme called Austra, I've converted it to a MyBB theme.
Ok, then please elaborate on what exactly are you seeking. I always thought this is a quote:

(2013-10-10, 09:54 AM)cronhound Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to reposition the username & the dateline, but I cannot find a template.

It's a BB code quote which contains username and dateline, as you specified. Is there any other type of quote you're writing about?

So either you didn't specify your question clearly enough or didn't read my reply carefully enough (I bet it's 2nd option)... But if you want, have fun looking for other solutions, small tip though - they don't exist. <blockquote> HTML/PHP is only there if you search for it properly and don't have heavily modified parsing system in MyBB (then you should know where it is..).
(2013-10-11, 10:41 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, then please elaborate on what exactly are you seeking. I always thought this is a quote:

(2013-10-10, 09:54 AM)cronhound Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to reposition the username & the dateline, but I cannot find a template.

It's a BB code quote which contains username and dateline, as you specified. Is there any other type of quote you're writing about?

So either you didn't specify your question clearly enough or didn't read my reply carefully enough (I bet it's 2nd option)... But if you want, have fun looking for other solutions, small tip though - they don't exist. <blockquote> HTML/PHP is only there if you search for it properly and don't have heavily modified parsing system in MyBB (then you should know where it is..).
Here's a better explanation, the current
[quote=username]The quote here.[/quote]
output looks like
<blockquote>
    <cite>username said:</site>
    The quote here.
</blockquote>

I want it to look like:
<blockquote>
    The quote here.
    <small>username</small>
</blockquote>

I know that there's no template for this, so I'm asking what php file the html is defined in.
(2013-06-28, 08:26 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]....
in inc/class_parser.php file you can change the HTML of it (lines 622 and 733 or similar in other versions, just CTRL + F <blockquote>)
As .m. says. That's a quote from the topic I linked in my 1st post here. Please, if you receive free help for free script, at least check the provided solutions thoroughly, especially if you are keen on webdesign/webdevelopment. Thank you. If you don't, you not only waste my time but also yours.
(2013-10-11, 05:35 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]As .m. says. That's a quote from the topic I linked in my 1st post here. Please, if you receive free help for free script, at least check the provided solutions thoroughly, especially if you are keen on webdesign/webdevelopment. Thank you. If you don't, you not only waste my time but also yours.

Sorry, I hadn't had my daily caffiene fix and completely missed the second bullet point.