MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Referral System Not Working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Patience is a virtue.
Tikitiki is really nice, he's helping me at the moment

I gotta say, this is an excellent forum, the mods are soo helpful Smile
This bug has been fixed in the latest code.

Please note the latest code is not live on the site or for download. An update will be released which contains this fix.
James12513 Wrote:Tikitiki is really nice, he's helping me at the moment

I gotta say, this is an excellent forum, the mods are soo helpful Smile

Smile

Use the file below to fix this on your installation of MyBB 1.2.2

Put it in your inc/datahandlers/ directory. (James you don't have to as I already did it for you)

Cheers
uploaded new file, and now when I try to register, I'm getting:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: is_banned_username() in /home/content/C/4/k/C4k2O/html/wiipoint/forum/inc/datahandlers/user.php on line 79

Any ideas?

Here's my site: http://wiipoint.net
And the forum page: http://wiipoint.net/forum/inde.php

I think I found it, the old code has this:
		// Check if the username belongs to the list of banned usernames.
		$bannedusernames = get_banned_usernames();
		if(in_array($username, $bannedusernames))
		{
			$this->set_error('banned_username');
			return false;
		}

and the new code has this:

// Check if the username belongs to the list of banned usernames.
		if(is_banned_username($username))
		{
			$this->set_error('banned_username');
			return false;
		}

Using the new user.php file, I can get logged in, but I can't stay logged in. As soon as I go to a different page, it logs me out. Going to upload the new file with the old snippet. I'll report back.

Still having problems.

Now, I'm getting this error.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected ';', expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/content/C/4/k/C4k2O/html/wiipoint/forum/inc/datahandlers/user.php on line 1084

Reverted back to old user.php file
triple posts merged

I'll look at the problem later.
Okay, since the referral are still not working...Is there a way to go back to the previous version?

The user.php file causes errors, so it doesn't fix the problem at all. It actually makes it worse.

Thanks!
You have an old version of functions.php I think.
Alright...I am getting same error now. I have all the latest files that I am aware of including the functions.php.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: is_banned_username() in /mounted-storage/home19a/sub001/sc19426-LGLN/pokemonboard.com/inc/datahandlers/user.php on line 79

Now I tried both versions in this thread of user.php and neither works to correct the referral system bug where nothing is recorded. I think the error is inside member.php but I could be wrong. Either way there is a problem.
Hmm... seems the file used above used a fix that was not documented and should be released in 1.2.3. It's attached below.
Pages: 1 2 3