MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I save images (avatars and attachments) when backing up?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I did a forum backup via MyBB Admin Control Panel.

I deleted all my files via FTP.

I did a clean installed of MyBB.

I dropped all the tables and imported my backed up copy through phpmyadmin.

Everything worked but the images. Should I have saved a directory in FTP before deleting all the files, which ones? I couldn't find any *.png, *.jpg etc. files.

Thanks if you can help.
There is no backup of files in MyBB ACP (only database and theme) and images are files. So yes, should have backuped at least uploads directory through FTP, but also maybe images or jscripts if you used a custom theme.
http://mods.mybb.com/view/mybbatically - can backup your database and your files.
Destroy666, so I just need to save the uploads directory (via FTP), and re-upload it after a fresh install/ restoration of database and the image attachments and avatars will work? (I don't have any custom themes or jscripts)
^ yes. however you also have to backup modified language files, note any edits you had done in the main
php files and also take a note of installed plugins .. database backups also exist in /admin/backups folder