MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: portal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i need help with my portal.

all my menus are on the left and there is no link like going to the forum and stuff can some1 help me out?
what exactly do you want changed?
well i want to add the links so u can click to go to forum and i want like the menus to appear on both sides and not just on the left
sry for double post but can ne1 help me out
All the "blocks" on the menu can be found in the Portal Templates category of your Admin CP Template Manager. Admin CP --> Templates --> Modify/Delete --> *Expand your template set* --> Portal Templates. You can move them around there if you know a bit of HTML.
DennisTT Wrote:All the "blocks" on the menu can be found in the Portal Templates category of your Admin CP Template Manager. Admin CP --> Templates --> Modify/Delete --> *Expand your template set* --> Portal Templates. You can move them around there if you know a bit of HTML.

but what would the actual html look like?
In the portal template, find:
<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" border="0" align="center">
<tr><td valign="top" width="200">
{$welcome}
{$pms}
{$search}
{$stats}
{$whosonline}
{$latestthreads}
</td>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
<td width="*" valign="top">
{$announcements}
</td>
</tr>
</table>
Replace with:
<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" border="0" align="center">
<tr><td valign="top" width="200">
{$welcome}
{$pms}
{$search}
{$stats}
</td>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
<td width="*" valign="top">
{$announcements}
</td>
<td valign="top" width="200">
{$whosonline}
{$latestthreads}
</td>
</tr>
</table>

That moves the who's online and latest threads to the right side.
k how would i go about adding ading links cuz idk ntin bout html and stuff, like i need a link to go to back to the Portal and one to go to the Forum

also is there a way to add coding on the front page where u post like news on a forum thread, is there a way to make it appear on the portal front page?

Edit: also wen i go to the portal at the top there is this error
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/wallsofa/public_html/jake/forums/portal.php on line 359
i fixed this: Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/wallsofa/public_html/jake/forums/portal.php on line 359

now i need to add the links to go to Portal(Home), Forums, Members, Search, Rules

on the left side of course

edit: also im wondering if i put more than 10 anoucements on the portal, do u think it will make like pages or just make the page bigger?
The page will get longer.
Goran Wrote:edit: also im wondering if i put more than 10 anoucements on the portal, do u think it will make like pages or just make the page bigger?
is there a way to make it so it makes pages ?

and u think u can help me add the links to go to Portal(Home), Forums, Members, Search, Rules

on the left side above where u login
Pages: 1 2