MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: themes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
some of the themes for MyBB are not really that great i mean they all look alike basically, dont get me wrong there ok but it would be better if they were more up to date graphics and if they dont looks so old. make em more techy and stuff. thats all im saying
Well I agree with you somewhat. In the fact that, yeah, the themes are pretty boring. But on the other hand, the MyBB team can't do anything about that. It all depends on the community to provide certain resources such as custom/unique themes. Although I think that the MyBB team should release (seperatly) other official themes as they did in the MyBB 1.0.x series and below.
maddog39 Wrote:Although I think that the MyBB team should release (seperatly) other official themes as they did in the MyBB 1.0.x series and below.
I don't think we should. We have more then enough pressure on us getting everyone happy on the coding side of things. We don't need another task on our hands. The users on the community should make this.

Actually I think it's quite rude throwing everything at us when it's really you guys who need it. We can't do everything. Even you guys has to understand that.
We do our best to get the product up to our own standards as well as you guys standards. I agree there should be more themes. But that's up to the community.

Cheers,
CraKteR
im not puting it on you man, i mean the people who make themes need to make em techy and stuff and not just plain old boring, i know you guys have a lot of work on your plate.
Well I wasn't actually talking about you. I was talking about maddogs response.
Goran Wrote:im not puting it on you man, i mean the people who make themes need to make em techy and stuff and not just plain old boring, i know you guys have a lot of work on your plate.

The why post this in Suggestions and Feedback? This forum is for suggestions to improve MyBB, not telling people they need to make better skins. o.o
Suggestions and Feedback description Wrote:Got a feature you would love to see added to MyBB? Got some feedback on MyBB? Let us know here, we will try to implement them.

Btw, well put CraKteR. Smile
they do look alike from the table header repeat and only a few colors are changed.
I 'm working on one with just 3 pieces to it
k ill be waiting to see your B-P
Goran Wrote:im not puting it on you man, i mean the people who make themes need to make em techy and stuff and not just plain old boring, i know you guys have a lot of work on your plate.

And what contributions have you made to mybb? IMHO you are asking us to do work for you for free...theme design isn't easy and it's time consuming. imho it's more than enough that the mybb team created code we can work with and design a forums. I am not aware of any forum software that also creates themes? Even phpbb doesn't. They didn't even design subSilver.
labrocca Wrote:

And what contributions have you made to mybb?  IMHO you are asking us to do work for you for free...theme design isn't easy and it's time consuming.  imho it's more than enough that the mybb team created code we can work with and design a forums.  I am not aware of any forum software that also creates themes? Even phpbb doesn't.  They didn't even design subSilver.

i agree with you. the support for bugs and error reports mybb support is very good. the only problem is frequvent relases and upgrading is the problem.
Pages: 1 2