MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Move myBB To New Host And New Domain?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Folks

I've used search for an answer to this honestly I have, but there are so many links which don't always offer the same advice and I end up confused!

Has anybody got links to hand for the accepted guidance on moving a v1.6.10 myBB forum to a new host as well as a new domain?

Thanks you for your time and patience!

Cheers

Bugsley
basically you have to take backup of all files and database and use them on the new host for the new domain.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-27771.html | http://community.mybb.com/thread-15343.html

if you are confused then may be you can hire someone to do it for you
Thanks for the links .m.

I'm sure I'll be fine!

As it's a new domain as well as a new host, I'll be able to dual run until I get it right

Cheers

Bugsley
^ if there is any problem then post here so that someone can provide required guidance
OK - I've finally found time to try to move myBB to a new host/new domain.

First problem, when I try to add the database to the new host it uploads but then I get the following error message:

ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 1: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '‹ ' at line 1

Any ideas folks?

Cheers

Bugsley

EDIT: tried again with a backup without auto-correct box ticked and this time got a different error message:

ERROR at line 1: Unknown command '\M'.
(2013-11-26, 03:31 PM)bugsley Wrote: [ -> ]OK - I've finally found time to try to move myBB to a new host/new domain.

First problem, when I try to add the database to the new host it uploads but then I get the following error message:

ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 1: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '‹ ' at line 1

Any ideas folks?

Cheers

Bugsley

EDIT: tried again with a backup without auto-correct box ticked and this time got a different error message:

ERROR at line 1: Unknown command '\M'.

is this within PhpMyAdmin or something?
Hi

It's the message I get from my new host when I use their restore function to load the database there

Ignore the above however folks! .......I've moved on since then!

When I try to open the forum currently, I get this:

[Image: sql-error-message.jpg]

Cheers

Bugsley
Having done a little more digging on this problem I'm beginning to think it's a compatability issue between the versions of SQL being run on my old host and my new host.

Is this possible?

Cheers

Bugsley
*sigh*

Well I've moved my database using bigdump
Moved my website files
Made changes to config.php and settings.php

All I get is a blank screen

Confused

Bugsley
^ are you referring to the forum listed in your signature - if so, it is loading fine for me. so is it fixed
Pages: 1 2