MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What do you guys do to them?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know the title might be a bit overwhelmingly biases but hey we all have to start somewhere, right! Anyways my question is to those who create theme or have somewhat of an idea. I see many themes that have many certains things moved around or shifted in certain areas that are not default to mybb Master Style (Obviously)! My question is if i want to be able to move certain things like for example the (WERE TALKING ABOUT DEFAULT MYBB MASTER STYLE) #Panel, moving it to the top of the page. Would i have to know HTML? or would i simply have to edit the Templates?

I Know HTML along with HTML5 but im very confused as to how a team developer approaches a default theme. I hope you guys don't code a theme from scratch (That seems drastically crazy)! Any pointers and ideas are very well appreciated and please by all means, NO harsh comments. We all need love in here, so NO fighting!

thanks
Why does it seem crazy to you to write a template from scratch?
To me it seems crazy not more people are doing it because.... MyBB's default template is a pain and totally outdated. Yes, of course you have to edit the HTML, the so called "templates".
There's a simple trick to find out what templates are responsible for what pages, first make sure you have the comments in the templates enabled then look at the pages source (inspect the element you want to change/move/whatever) then note the template start and end comment, then find that template and do whatever you want.
You don't need to write a theme from a scratch when you can save WAY MORE time on that by editing the default. What many theme designers do is themselves setup a nice base theme which for them is the default theme every time they works on creating a new theme.
Awww i understand a lot more Big Grin i though most theme designers used another method when creating a theme, i didnt think they would go through the hazzle of editing a Template. Either way thank you both for your helpful messages Big Grin I will surely look up ideas and begin cutting it away Big Grin thanks