MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Adding a new field in registration form
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I want to get Date of birth from every new user. So i want to add date of birth field also in Registration Form as Require Field. So please tell me. How can i do it... Please help me

Advaned Thanx to MyBB Team
But i think it is there already?
Please check here. I was providing preview of registration form. There is no Date of Birth field. How can i add there as required field.

[attachment=4976]
[wiki]Admin_CP_Users#Custom_Profile_Fields[/wiki]

When your adding it just set 'Required?' to 'Yes'.

Cheers
I saw Birth Day field in Edit Profile Box as optional fields. I want it in Registeration Form as Must Required Field.
Have you done as Tikitiki directed?
Tikitiki Wrote:[wiki]Admin_CP_Users#Custom_Profile_Fields[/wiki]

When your adding it just set 'Required?' to 'Yes'.

Cheers
The default MyBB birthday profile field is obviously not a custom profile field. This makes the modification a bit more difficult. I don't have time right now to write all the steps in detail, but you have to make a copy of the birthday select you can find in the usercp_profile template into the member_register template where you want to put it. Then in member.php, in the do_register action, check to see if the user has entered a birthday, and if not, give an error.
Pls make change in Admin Cp. Add Birthday field in User Registration and Profile Options in Admin CP to set as Require Field.
Moving to suggestions
Thanx for MyBB Team.

You want to take this as Suggetion. I was waiting for this modification. Please make this modification as soon as possible, becuase it was more useful for Today's Birthday pugin. Because all users not gave his Date Of Birth. So Make it as Require field in registration form then every user must gave it. So it will very useful in Today's Birthday plugin.

So please kindly, make it as early as possible. Its my request. Its very very useful to so many MyBB fans.
Pages: 1 2