MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Edit User Signature
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I noticed there is no way to edit a users signature. They can edit their avatar, change password and email but not signature.

Please help on how they can do this. I'm running 1.6.10
You should upgrade your board to 1.6.11. MyBB version 1.6.10 is vulnerable to known exploits and many bugs have been fixed in 1.6.11 which may be found in 1.6.10.

As for the user signatures, did you enable it in ACP?

Go to ACP>Users & Groups>Groups>Registered>Users & Permissions>Account Management

Is Can Add Signature? ticked?
I just downloaded the latest version.

I just checked the box and got this error.

Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'showinbirthdaylist' in 'field list'
Query:
UPDATE mybb_usergroups SET type='1', title='Registered', description='', namestyle='{username}', usertitle='', stars='0', starimage='images/star.gif', image='', isbannedgroup='0', canview='1', canviewthreads='1', canviewprofiles='1', candlattachments='0', canpostthreads='1', canpostreplys='1', canpostattachments='0', canratethreads='1', caneditposts='1', candeleteposts='0', candeletethreads='0', caneditattachments='0', canpostpolls='1', canvotepolls='1', canundovotes='0', canusepms='1', cansendpms='1', cantrackpms='1', candenypmreceipts='1', pmquota='0', maxpmrecipients='5', cansendemail='1', cansendemailoverride='0', maxemails='5', canviewmemberlist='1', canviewcalendar='1', canaddevents='1', canbypasseventmod='0', canmoderateevents='0', canviewonline='1', canviewwolinvis='0', canviewonlineips='0', cancp='0', issupermod='0', cansearch='1', canusercp='1', canuploadavatars='0', canchangename='0', showforumteam='0', usereputationsystem='1', cangivereputations='1', reputationpower='1', maxreputationsday='25', maxreputationsperuser='0', maxreputationsperthread='0', attachquota='0', cancustomtitle='0', canwarnusers='0', canreceivewarnings='0', maxwarningsday='3', canmodcp='0', showinbirthdaylist='0', canoverridepm='0', canusesig='1', canusesigxposts='0', signofollow='0' WHERE gid='2'
^ have you run the upgrade script or just uploaded the files ? see http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Upgrading
ive already upgraded and get that message
Quote:ive already upgraded

Unfortunately, you haven't completed the upgrade. Seems like you have missed something.

Did you just upload all the files that came with the download package? Did you visit domain.com/install after overwriting the files in your FTP?
yes ive done the upgrade from 1.6.10 to 1.6.11 and also done the known patch but i get that error.
(2013-10-17, 02:55 PM)tosin Wrote: [ -> ]yes ive done the upgrade from 1.6.10 to 1.6.11 and also done the known patch but i get that error.

no help?