MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: DDoS Mitigation?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone, how do I mitigate DDoS attacks with combinations of such methods?
I recently heard setting up cloudflare in combination with dome9 drops almost al kind of DDoSes. Even layer 4 and layer 7.
(2013-10-13, 06:18 PM)Tankey Wrote: [ -> ]I recently heard setting up cloudflare in combination with dome9 drops almost al kind of DDoSes. Even layer 4 and layer 7.
Hardly. At a certain point (Isn't that high) if the DDoS peaks a certain amount, then your service is deactivated and the server IP is exposed. You can fix this by paying $200 a month for their business plan. There are also ways to get past CloudFlare, like mail and remote avatars. I wouldn't advise you solely rely on CloudFlare.
You are right, of course it depends on the power and lenght of the DDoS but those 2 in combination can block it more than one of eachother or none at all. I've seen it in action and it works pretty secure if you ask me.
cloudflare but make sure you hide the server ip in the cloudflare dns settings,in the email header and in users profile(if they link a image they can see the ip of your site).
Cloudflare helps with layer 4 attacks, but isn't to be used by itself. Once they cut your service, you'll be completely unguarded. I used to utilize their services, but my site had been cut off multiple times. I recommend using OVH, as they can handle some extremely large layer 4 attacks. If layer 7 attacks are an issue, you can set up a reverse proxy. There are plenty of DDoS protected reverse proxies. You could shoot for some pricier services, but a reverse-proxy and hosting with OVH should be able to hold off most attacks.