MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO 1.6.6 One last ".htaccess" issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have been having some troubles installing the Google SEO plugin. This forum has allowed me to fix most of them but I'm left with one error. When I go to plugins in my forum I get this message beside my Google SEO plugin:

Add to .htaccess:
RewriteEngine on

My questions are:
- Does this mean the word "RewriteEngine on" has to be added to the .htaccess file?

- If so, how do I do this? When I added the original code to this file when I was installing the plugin, I changed the htaccess.txt to .htaccess as per instructions. However now I can't get find the .htaccess file. I've tried ticking 'show hidden files' in filezilla but it's not showing anywhere! So how do I find it to add this?

- Again, if I am supposed to be adding the words "RewriteEngine on" in the .htaccess file how do I know where to put it as presumably all the code I copied to the file in the 1st place will still be there?

Thanks for your help, I'd really appreciate some clear instructions on how to fix this or telling me where I have gone wrong!

I am using 1.6.10
forum address: http://loveyourcurls.com.au/forum/

Ok just as an update. I can now locate my .htaccess file but I do not know where I am supposed to put the "RewriteEngine on" within the file.
you can add it as the first line of the .htaccess file and keep the remaining code as is and save the file
Hey, I tried that but when I add that right at the start then the message changes to:

# Some hosts require RewriteBase to make RewriteRules work.
RewriteBase /forum/

# Google SEO workaround for search.php highlights:
# Make this rule the first rewrite rule in your .htaccess!
RewriteRule ^([^&]*)&(.*)$ http://www.loveyourcurls.com.au/forum/$1?$2 [L,QSA,R=301]

# Google SEO 404:
ErrorDocument 404 /forum/misc.php?google_seo_error=404

# Google SEO Sitemap:
RewriteRule ^sitemap-([^./]+)\.xml$ misc.php?google_seo_sitemap=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Forums:
RewriteRule ^Forum-([^./]+)$ forumdisplay.php?google_seo_forum=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Threads:
RewriteRule ^Thread-([^./]+)$ showthread.php?google_seo_thread=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Announcements:
RewriteRule ^Announcement-([^./]+)$ announcements.php?google_seo_announcement=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Users:
RewriteRule ^User-([^./]+)$ member.php?action=profile&google_seo_user=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Calendars:
RewriteRule ^Calendar-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?google_seo_calendar=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Events:
RewriteRule ^Event-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?action=event&google_seo_event=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

So then I don't know if this new code is supposed to be added to the existing .htaccess file or change the whole thing to this new code?!

Hmm, so now it basically tells me to put in the code as it was before I added the extra line it wanted me to. And yet when I do that it asks me to put in the extra line so I'm basically going round in circles! Any ideas??
where is your .htaccess file located ? it should be in loveyourcurls.com.au/forum/ (where global.php, index.php, .. files exist)
Hey, its located public html subfolder > Forum > then located in the forum folder

sorry - thats written very badly. Its located where you said basically
^ if you still need help with it, would you like to PM me temporary access to admin panel & ftp
and change your credentials later. caution: see what I have written at bio on my profile page