MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: styling 404 not found google seo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Where can I restyiling the 404 error page of the plugin google seo? Thanks
main php file is ./inc/plugins/google_seo/404.php
it doesn't use a separate template. what exactly you want to change ?
I don't find antyhing to change in this file. I want change the font-size and translate the 404 page in italian
for English language, it uses phrases from ./inc/languages/english/googleseo.lang.php file

$l['googleseo_404_notfound'] = "404 Not Found";
$l['googleseo_404_widget'] = "<script type=\"text/javascript\">\nvar GOOG_FIXURL_LANG = 'en';\nvar GOOG_FIXURL_SITE = '{1}';\n</script>\n<script type=\"text/javascript\" src=\"http://linkhelp.clients.google.com/tbproxy/lh/wm/fixurl.js\"></script>";
$l['googleseo_404_wol'] = "Seeing an <a href=\"{1}\">Error Page</a>";

you can translate language files and use them for your language pack.
(take care that files are saved in utf-8 without BOM)
Now I understand how it works, thanks!

Sorry .m., another question: How can I edit the title of the page 404?
Up thanks
Google SEO uses a standard error page, which offers only limited styling; if you want something completely custom (apart from changing the googleseo_404_notfound language string), make an entirely custom page and point to it using the ErrorDocument in .htaccess.

Not sure if it's worth the effort, as a 404 page is something users shouldn't have to see often.
I know that I can create a 404 page but I want to use the one that offers the plugin, I thing offers more options. Now I styling the page from the googleseo_404_notfound language string. But I wanted to know one more thing, can I edit the <title> of the 404 page?
Edit error template - change {$title}.