MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to edit the Navigation in mybb Theme?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do i edit the navigation?
[Image: d4f9be1f-12dc-4f26-9fd5-226ddea09cd5_zpsebd2c30f.jpg]

I want to remove most things on the navigation bar besides the User CP, Mod CP & Admin CP! How can i go about that? What template must i edit?
Go to ACP>Templates & Styles>Templates>YOUR THEME>Header Templates>

Pick a template to edit.
(2013-10-14, 01:48 AM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]Go to ACP>Templates & Styles>Templates>YOUR THEME>Header Templates>

Pick a template to edit.

I dont exactly know which template to edit, im guessing the guest one since i want to remove most of it but the CP choice. Which one will you choose if you had to change it ?
^ if you have not changed any code in the templates then there is no need to modify the header templates
as the viewer permissions are considered in showing the welcome panel and the links on the header section.
(2013-10-14, 02:23 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ if you have not changed any code in the templates then there is no need to modify the header templates
as the viewer permissions are considered in showing the welcome panel and the links on the header section.

Okay i understand but i did change the template and manage to get what i wanted besides a few cosmetic issues but i'll try my best with CSS Big Grin thanks
in the Header Templates (in general) :
* header --> contents are visible to all
* header_welcomeblock_guest --> contents are visible to guests (and not logged in members)
* header_welcomeblock_member --> contents visible to members (and the staff)
* header_welcomeblock_member_admin --> contents visible to Administrators only
* header_welcomeblock_member_moderator --> contents visible to moderators and administrators
(2013-10-14, 02:56 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]in the Header Templates (in general) :
* header --> contents are visible to all
* header_welcomeblock_guest --> contents are visible to guests (and not logged in members)
* header_welcomeblock_member --> contents visible to members (and the staff)
* header_welcomeblock_member_admin --> contents visible to Administrators only
* header_welcomeblock_member_moderator --> contents visible to moderators and administrators

That was etremely helpful and what i really needed thanks Big Grin