MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Quick Reply Editor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I love MyBB 1.8 (1700) , but when I noticed that SCEditor isn't in the quick reply it was kind of a bummer for me.
The plugin allows this functionality so I thought maybe these editor options are added, but nope.
So I'm asking/suggesting to add a bunch of options (a option group) just for the editor.
The editor is a big, important part of a forum and I think it can't hurt to give it a little bit more attention and user friendly customization options.

Btw I also would like to suggest to move the "smiley insert" stuff into a SCEditor module.

Thanks for reading. Smile
I also like this request.

right now I use the advanced quick reply plugin, but it hasn't been updated in quite some time and seems to break each time a forum update is applied.
(2013-10-16, 01:09 PM)Shemo Wrote: [ -> ]I also like this request.

right now I use the advanced quick reply plugin, but it hasn't been updated in quite some time and seems to break each time a forum update is applied.

Use http://www.sceditor.com/
It's the default editor in 1.8 and also packs that functionality plus advanced editor in quick edit, which is why I can't understand that it's not in - except they just didn't had the time yet.

At the very least I'd like to know if it's planned or if they will consider it.
(2013-10-16, 02:50 PM)maniacmusic Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-16, 01:09 PM)Shemo Wrote: [ -> ]I also like this request.

Use http://www.sceditor.com/
It's the default editor in 1.8 and also packs that functionality plus advanced editor in quick edit, which is why I can't understand that it's not in - except they just didn't had the time yet.

At the very least I'd like to know if it's planned or if they will consider it.

is there an easy way to add it in 1.6?

you can PM me so we don't muddle up this thread.
The quick reply is meant to be just that, quick. Certainly there should be an option to enable, like in the plugin, but I don't think it's needed in the quick reply by default.
I think the quick reply should be equipped with the SCEditor, yes, but I also think that in such a case there should at least be an option to turn it on or off in ACP.
(2013-10-16, 06:17 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]The quick reply is meant to be just that, quick. Certainly there should be an option to enable, like in the plugin, but I don't think it's needed in the quick reply by default.

Yeah... it doesn't matter if it's default so much.
But just because it's quick it doesn't mean I wouldn't like some text formatting tools.

I found myself so often in the situation here,
that I would start writing a text in quick reply and then wanted to format some text without writing out all the BB code. Then I had to copy out the text and go the the newreply page. Dodgy

To me, it's just inconvenient. I don't see a single reason not to put it in the quick reply by default but of course I would be happy enough if it's a option.
"Preview Post" takes you to the usual newreply page. Wink
I prefer to use plugin sceditor ...

plugin has partial mode (i use this mode in my forum)... in user cp has option to select bbcode mode and wysiwyg mode to user who does not like wysiwyg mode... and too has option to enable sceditor in quick replay and quick edit...

for those who want more options, then just use the plugin.
(2013-10-17, 07:15 AM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]"Preview Post" takes you to the usual newreply page. Wink

Ok so screw my argument but this still is no reason not to put it there by default or at least add an option.
Pages: 1 2