MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Looking for a few plugins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

I'm looking for someone to code a plugin for me. I'd like to be able to have a plugin that will allow me to put someone up for denial of service. Basically I can suggest someone for a ban, and I can define which staff members can vote to ban, or clear the suggestion. I'd like to be able to set different numbers to ban for different infractions, and which numbers need to be reached to clear the suggestion.

Also, I'd like a plugin that will allow members to submit Moderation Error Reports on what my moderators do. Say a moderator of mine locks a thread of theirs, and they go to this form that has a drop down list of all the moderators and they can select which mod locked their topic whatever. Then I'd like the feature to be able to make private notes on these reports. Also, say if the report is about me, I'd like to have the feature that the mod who has the report open about them can not close that report to prevent biased actions. But any other mod can close that report.

I'd like a plugin that will allow me to place members on a Watchlist in the Mod CP. This will allow us to keep tabs on members who may be problem users.

I'm willing to pay for these, but please be reasonable on the price. Also, I'd like to have full rights to the plugin please as it's custom.

Thanks guys!
Honestly, the main disadvantage to installing these features to any forum is that it would give members the mentality that they can automatically question staff decisions openly. You shouldn't need to explain your decisions to your community as an administrator, and if members feel like they can start arguments about it openly, you will be up for a mess very quickly.

The warning system might be able to help you in what you're looking for, as far as managing infractions and automatic bans. Also, you could set up a board where only the topic author and the staff can see their threads via the permissions for "error reporting."

As far as the watchlist, I'm not sure if a plugin exists for that already or not. You could always enable the "moderate user's posts" option for a specific user via the ACP if they have been causing problems, which automatically requires all of their posts to be approved by a moderator before they are published.
I don't see how they'd be discussing it openly. They wouldn't be able to see what the mods are saying on that report, only the closing reason. I've seen it used on a very successful forum, and it works quite well between the moderators and the community.

I'm aware of being able to do that, but I'd rather not have someone pick at the plugin for my needs.

I'm not looking to moderate posts, I'm simply wanting to easily have a list of all users who have been placed on the watchlist for various reasons to monitor them. They can post if they want as long as they follow the rules, but say if we possibly have an issue with them, we place them on the watchlist to track them.
(2013-10-14, 03:47 PM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly, the main disadvantage to installing these features to any forum is that it would give members the mentality that they can automatically question staff decisions openly. You shouldn't need to explain your decisions to your community as an administrator, and if members feel like they can start arguments about it openly, you will be up for a mess very quickly.

Moderators should be accountable for their actions. Whilst I agree it should not be an open forum, or even an open system, there should be the option to discuss Mod actions
(2013-10-14, 09:33 PM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-14, 03:47 PM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly, the main disadvantage to installing these features to any forum is that it would give members the mentality that they can automatically question staff decisions openly. You shouldn't need to explain your decisions to your community as an administrator, and if members feel like they can start arguments about it openly, you will be up for a mess very quickly.

Moderators should be accountable for their actions. Whilst I agree it should not be an open forum, or even an open system, there should be the option to discuss Mod actions

I kind a agree with Ben Cousins but the member being abused could contact the owner of the forum and they can deal with the moderator directly.
Still in need of these folks. One person came to me with an offer, and I'd like to see what else is out there.
I've had two people give me estimates, I'd like to see if anyone else is able to help out before I make a decision.