MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Trying to upload MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

2 questions:

I just dowloaded MyBB and the package MyBB 1.6.11.

I uploaded the MyBB-files to Filezilla. Now I should upload, from MyBB 1.6.11, upload the "admin"-files to the admin-folder, the "archive"-files to the archive-folder, etc.

But when I do that, Filezilla ask me if I want to overwrite the existing file with all the files. So is it just the same files and why should they be uploaded again?

And what about the files BETWEEN "admin", "archive", etc?

Thanks,
- Jonas
1. Simply because their code has been updated = modified..

2. Same. Need to reupload them if you upgrade.
Can't I then just delete all files and then upload the new ones?

And what do I do after they're uplaoded?
Run the install script.

http://docs.mybb.com/Installing.html
Just follow these steps: http://docs.mybb.com/Upgrading.html#Begi...he_Upgrade
overwrite all the files
(2013-10-14, 07:30 PM)Businesslyfe Wrote: [ -> ]Can't I then just delete all files and then upload the new ones?

Noone is going to keep you away from wasting your own time... There is no difference between overwriting and deleting/uploading except the 2nd is slower and pointless. Of course if you use Full Package, with Changed your method would be risky - could delete not updated file accidentally.
Ok now theme is uploaded.
Trying to upload logo. I figured that is should be in the the "edit theme properties", but I don't see it.
I see the "Board Logo - images/logo.gif" but where is the "upload logo"?

And if using the board logo - how do I change the logo that way?
You can upload your logo anywhere you want. If you upload it on your server then replace images/logo.gif with the path of the logo you uploaded.

For Example:

Logo Name + Extension: logo.png
Folder Logo Uploaded: Images
Path to Folder Logo was Uploaded: /images

Path of the Logo would be: images/logo.png
Okay. I just inserted a picture called "Goodlyfe logo" into Filezilla in "images".

When I type images/goodlyfe logo.png it still doesn't appear. Why is that?

I tried with and without the space between goodlyfe<->logo

now it suddenly appeared Smile