MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't create new topics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I've looked around a little bit but I couldn't find a potential solution (this is also my first time using MyBB, so I apologize beforehand if I'm asking something blatantly obvious).

I just upgraded my board from 1.6.10 to 1.6.11. I went through the upgrade procedure (uploaded everything in the Upload folder except the settings.php file) and got a successful upgrade notification, but now, I can't seem to make new threads/topics. Everything else seems to be working fine.

This is the error I get:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function utf8_handle_4byte_string() in /home/bangaqua/public_html/forumz/newthread.php on line 266

I've deactivated all of my plugins (I wasn't sure if that was the issue, so I tried turning them off to see) but the error persists.

Here's a test account in case:
User: testuser
Pass: Test123!
Forum URL: http://forum.bangaqua.com/

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Double-check that you properly updated inc/functions.php. There should be a utf8_handle_4byte_string() function right down near the bottom of the file.
Run file verification. This can be found in the admin control panel under the tools / maintenance tab. If any files say they are changed, re upload them.
Thanks to both of you. It fixed it.

I'm glad it was something so minor (I checked the functions.php file too but perhaps I missed it or something).