MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Resolved] Can't Edit Global.css
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Before anyone asks, I purged Cloudflare's cache and put my site into development mode.

I then tried to CHMOD the cache dir and the themes dir to 777, then I tried to modify the subfolders - specifically themes4, but these subdirectories would not allow me to CMOD them in FileZilla, or cPanel.

Themes4 will act as if it is CHMOD'd successfully for a moment when it is done through cPanel. This undoes itself for some reason, meaning I can't edit the global.css file which lies inside.

Has anyone heard of this behavior ocurring?

All the help tutorials said to CHMOD the directories - which I already have.

root/chahe
root/cache/themes

Both are 777.

It's the subdirectories of themes that will not CHMOD successfully.

I need to quit posting here. I work on something for an hour and it doesn't work, I post here, and then I fix it.

I had to edit global.css through MyBB, perhaps since it was in use? - still this doesn't explain my CHMOD issues, but at least I was able to edit some CSS classes.
please clarify whether you are editing the themes through ftp client & a file editor
if so, that should be avoided. theme's css modification should be done through admin panel

tools & maintenance section of admin panel shows a report about CHMOD permissions (at bottom of page). what does it say ?
(2013-10-16, 03:31 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]please clarify whether you are editing the themes through ftp client & a file editor
if so, that should be avoided. theme's css modification should be done through admin panel

tools & maintenance section of admin panel shows a report about CHMOD permissions (at bottom of page). what does it say ?

I've already resolved this. I was attempting to do it through FTP and File Manager - as that's what the tutorials said to do.

This was not working and was creating an issue, so I played with the ACP until I found where to edit global.css for th theme.

It appears that MyBB will not let the subdirectories of root/cache/theme/ have their files edited, or their permissions changed through CHMOD, thus forcing you to edit these files through MyBB's ACP.

Not sure if that's technically correct, but that's how it seems.